Wednesday, February 15, 2012

a bold step

I'm getting a body wave this afternoon - taking two hours off to make it happen, even. I can't remember the last time I had any variety of what used to be known as a 'permanent wave'. My hair is longer than it's been in a while (because I wanted some flexibility for Night Must Fall) and I've had to use an assortment of curling implements for a couple of weeks now. I hate them! Been rolling up my hair - well, the top and front anyway - and then going outside to feed Tate and Gabe, etc. I don't actually care so much about the neighbors but won't go to the street to get the newspaper that way. No matter how long I leave the stupid things in, my hair is flat and lanky again by noon or so. Sheesh! I've kind of enjoyed the length but not the extra work, so hopefully a body wave is the answer. We shall see....

Rehearsal last night was just Act 1 - and mostly scene 1. Our esteemed director called me out on my feet and I had a short hissy fit. Not normally the way I roll but I was sooooo frustrated at the fact that we are still changing blocking just over a week out. How the heck are we supposed to remember lines, new blocking, and feet all at the same time. Maybe those seasoned stage types find that easy but I decidedly do not. If I could just take my script and go home I'd very seriously consider it at this point.

I did manage to stay focused on dietary things though. Had a mostly veggies plus some chicken dinner last night, as planned. Spent an hour or so out with the boys scooping, so a little exercise. Special K for breakfast this morning and I'm planning yogurt and fruit for lunch. After the hair thing I'll do a chicken and brown rice WW recipe using the leftover chicken.

No rehearsal tonight...just studying lines, studying lines, studying lines.....

No comments:

Post a Comment